Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Saturday, March 13, 2010
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Thursday, February 25, 2010
I read an article in a Compassion Magazine. The point of the article was lost upon me but what stuck out was a detail said in passing—this sponsor had written their kid every month. So here’s so my stack of letters to write to Prilla and soon Auckline every month.
My favorite part is the frosting on the bottom right cupcake is covered with sparkles.
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Friday, February 12, 2010
Sunday, February 7, 2010
This weekend, we celebrated Courtney getting married with a bridal shower. One of my favorite parts was making this fun wall hanging with everyone's best and worst advice for Courtney. I printed the quotes and decoupaged them on a canvas. So cute!
Friday, February 5, 2010
Today is a day I've waited for for months-- finally the wallpaper goes up!!! We had company over last night and I wanted it to be up so badly for them. But today, I want to enjoy my paper for the reasons why I bought it and not because of any the recognition it brings. That's a good thing to remember because I think I'm one of the only people I know who is (becoming) obsessed with wallpaper despite all the campaigning I've done. Pics to come...
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Thursday, January 28, 2010
MATILDA WHO TOLD LIES, AND WAS BURNED TO DEATH
by: Hilaire Belloc (1870-1953)
- ATILDA told such Dreadful Lies,
- It made one Gasp and Stretch one's Eyes;
- Her Aunt, who, from her Earliest Youth,
- Had kept a Strict Regard for Truth,
- Attempted to Believe Matilda:
- The effort very nearly killed her,
- And would have done so, had not She
- Discovered this Infirmity.
- For once, towards the Close of Day,
- Matilda, growing tired of play,
- And finding she was left alone,
- Went tiptoe to the Telephone
- And summoned the Immediate Aid
- Of London's Noble Fire-Brigade.
- Within an hour the Gallant Band
- Were pouring in on every hand,
- From Putney, Hackney Downs, and Bow.
- With Courage high and Hearts a-glow,
- They galloped, roaring through the Town,
- 'Matilda's House is Burning Down!'
- Inspired by British Cheers and Loud
- Proceeding from the Frenzied Crowd,
- They ran their ladders through a score
- Of windows on the Ball Room Floor;
- And took Peculiar Pains to Souse
- The Pictures up and down the House,
- Until Matilda's Aunt succeeded
- In showing them they were not needed;
- And even then she had to pay
- To get the Men to go away!
- It happened that a few Weeks later
- Her Aunt was off to the Theatre
- To see that Interesting Play
- The Second Mrs. Tanqueray.
- She had refused to take her Niece
- To hear this Entertaining Piece:
- A Deprivation Just and Wise
- To Punish her for Telling Lies.
- That Night a Fire did break out--
- You should have heard Matilda Shout!
- You should have heard her Scream and Bawl,
- And throw the window up and call
- To People passing in the Street--
- (The rapidly increasing Heat
- Encouraging her to obtain
- Their confidence) -- but all in vain!
- For every time she shouted 'Fire!'
- They only answered 'Little Liar!'
- And therefore when her Aunt returned,
- Matilda, and the House, were Burned.
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Friday, January 22, 2010
so now i'm inspired to write-- because now i'm not chained to "prove" to others while blogging that i have wonderful insights and have an extraordinary life. so welcome, to the ordinariness of me! and like i only skim other people's blogs, that's okay if no one actually reads it-- because this time it's not really for others.
tonight i wanted to post something that has inspired me. this picture to the left is a print i recently purchased for our wall. i love it! now i am hoping to put it together with a few other prints to make a collection for the entryway.