Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Into Our Second Year

Well, we're almost into our second year of marriage. I'm a few days early but we're leaving on our big road trip soon!

Some of the highlights have been...

*not having joel take me home every night
*watching joel play with spooner, he's so gentle toward her
*taking walks in the park
*breakfast in bed
*late night movies on the couch
*weekend afternoons at the coffee shop
*reading out loud to each other
*the picnic basket joel bought me
*spending my birthday in the mtns

Of course, there have been hard times but looking back it makes our relationship even better. I feel we'll closer and stronger because of our adversities. (Try telling me that when we're in the middle of a scuff. Ha!)

Our first year has been more than I ever expected it to be-- I've never known anyone who loves their spouse more than Joel does. He's so caring. :)

And now I'm stoked to start our second year!

2 comments:

JoelB said...

Hooray! I love you. :)

Maryn Forney said...

ellen you have a blog! i will be regularly checking it ; ) xoxo