Wednesday, October 17, 2007

My New Class

I started a new class this week: community health. It's been a wang, bang, shebang kind of week. I'm waiting for them to spit me out as they have already chewed us up!

My group is focusing on tobacco, mostly youth prevention. Did you know that average age a person starts smoking is 10 years old?!

I've realized from the STINT Team who have been freakishly intentional about their whole ministry, that I need to start making my ministry intentional. So, I'm starting with what's already around me: classmates.

I have tried to be more encouraging to them lately and not jumping on board with their pessimism just so that I fit in. I don't know if it's made an impact-- but that's less of the point than me changing how I interact in my world.

I also ate caramel dip with my apple today for my afternoon snack. Mmmmm!!!

No comments: